Don't be fooled by the sun and the green grass and short sleeves in these photos...I'd say I'm a little behind in posting some photos. I'm currently staring out the window at the snow that has been falling for 2 days.
These adorable faces are cousins that grandma brought to get their photos together. I'd say they had a good time running around the park while occasionally stopping for a photo or two. I've taken the girls photos a couple of other times...see here and here.
Hey guys...I'm doing it! Week 2 and I have not given up yet!! Here is this week's Ten on Tuesday!
1. Is there a band/artist that you hate? Wow, hate...that is pretty extreme. I definitely don't like some bands or types of music but I don't know about hate. The list could end up being quite long, I'm sure, but let's just pick one...how about Justin Beiber. I just don't get it. Oh, I'm not 13 either...maybe that is why.
2. What do you do when you get a gift that you don't like? I guess I'm too polite to do anything other than look pleased and say thank you. I do have myself on home video at age 5 opening a gift of barrettes for my birthday. Let's just say that my look of disgust was not brief and it was followed up by something along the lines of "I didn't ask for these". I'm ashamed at my 5 year old self.
3. How is your work office/cubicle decorated? Is messy a decoration? If I could clean up the clutter (which is mostly scraps of paper with notes scribbled on them) it would be quite nice. Mood board, pretty calendar, a few photos, printer, computer, etc.
4. Do you use all of your vacation every year? I'm fortunate to be self-employed so vacation time is hard to define. Everyday is like a vacation (where I can define my own schedule) but the kind of vacation where you end up taking your laptop (so you can work the whole time).
5. Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree? Real all the way. It is still proudly standing in the living room glowing in all of it's Fraser Fir glory. I've taken everything down but the tree...I love it so. *see above photo for proof
6. If you could have anything for dinner tonight, what would it be? Pasta Salvi from Salvi's Bistro. If you live in Central Ohio and have not been there, go tonight. You can thank me later for introducing you to what I like to call "Heaven On A Plate".
7. Do you bite your fingernails?yes.
8. How many cups of coffee do you drink each day? zero cups of coffee
9. Do you have a nervous tick? No, no nervous tick. (gosh I'm boring...no coffee, no nervous tick)
10. How often do you vacuum? I have exactly 2 rugs in my house, so the vacuumdoesn't get utilized a whole lot. I do sweep with the broom quite often though. Every other day I'd say.
In mid-December, G and I hosted a "Winter Beer Tasting" Party. I provide the yummy treats, you bring your favorite seasonal brew. Fun, fun, fun I tell ya. We shared beers, we had blind taste tests, we even had a photobooth!! Amazing amounts of fun. All I did was set up a little background in the basement, set out some props, put the camera on the tripod, and let everyone shoot away with my new wireless remote shutter. Here are some of my favorites from the night.
I was first introduced to the idea of Ten on Tuesday through Gail Werner's blog, which led me to Roots and Rings...where the questions originate. I'd like to participate so that I can share a bit more about myself to all of you. Problem is...it is super hard for me to stick with things like this...but I'm going to try. Hold me accountable people!!
1. What kind of home do you currently reside in? My husband and I currently reside in a home that we own. It was built in 1923 and is your typical four square style home. We purchased the home in April of 2008, only 15 days after walking through it for the first time. We started renovating in June of 2008 and were able to finally move in in September 2009. We are currently building a screened in porch in the back and finishing the basement. Some before and afters can be seen here, here, here, and here. So, I never did finish showing the house...see what I mean about sticking with things. My mind is on to something else...all. the. time.
2. If you could completely redecorate one room in your house, which room would you pick and why. What would you do to it? As I mentioned in the previous answer, our house was just recently renovated from top to bottom (mostly), so everything is pretty much how I want it to be. One area of the house that we hope to get to in the future though, is the attic. It is a 1/2 story with a pretty good amount of headroom and space. If I had the funds, I would finish this room and make it a new office for myself, or maybe a library, or a master bedroom. So many options with a bare-bones room.
3. What is your favorite place to gain inspiration for your home decor style? I find inspiration in stores such as Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Crate and Barrel, and CB2. I get inspired by these stores and then try do copy their styles on the cheap.
4. What is your favorite piece of home decor? Right now it is our Christmas Tree. I don't want to take it down :( The rest of the year, it is our collection of art...Kentucky Derby Poster above the fireplace, Ray LaMontagne poster from Red Rocks, etc.
5. What do you want visitors to feel when they visit your home? Warm, cozy, and welcome.
6. Describe your home in one word and explain why you chose that word. Lovely... because a lot of hard word went into making this house a home...and I love it.
7. What are some predominate colors or patterns in your home? dark brown, khaki, grey, blue.
8. What is your favorite room in your house and why? I love the living room because it is relaxing and cozy. I think I'll love the screened in porch the most in the summer for dining and entertaining friends.
9. Do you take a hands on or DIY approach to projects around your home or do you enlist or hire help. We are almost 100% DIY. When renovating our house from June 2008-September 2009, we only hired a handful of help. (HVAC rerouting in the basement, connecting the gas line to the new stove in the kitchen, and installing a new electricity box in the basement) Husband and I did the rest with our own two hands.
10. Where is your favorite place to shop for home furnishings?Ikea is the current leader.
It is always such a nice treat to get to photograph HS classmates and get to meet their growing families. I got together with the Alvarado girls on a lovely Fall day in early September (yes, I'm a bit behind) to grab some pictures of some sisterly love :)